|In Case of Emergency
Immediate notice of illness or injury must be given to both the claims adjuster listed
and to Taylor, Harris Insurance Services, Ltd.
Taylor, Harris Insurance Services, Ltd.
800-291-4774 Business hours 9:00 - 5:00 EST Monday - Friday
540-718-7459 After Hours
If your policy number begins with "P"
Lloyd's of London
Ketch Equine Claims Adjusters
If your policy number begins with "A"
Great American Insurance Group
Download the Great American Policy APP
For iPhone For Android
Access agent and policy information, pay your bill, locate veterinary services or submit a claim.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately.
- Report emergency or loss immediately.
- In case of death, an autopsy and postmortem examination at the owner's expense must be obtained.
- Call the police in case of a theft, shooting, or vehicular involvement and obtain a police report, which is required.
- Permission must be obtained to euthanize an insured animal. In extreme emergency situations, consent to euthanize is not required if it is not possible to report at the time and an attending veterinarian states that immediate euthanasia is necessary to prevent inhumane suffering.
- In the event of emergency surgery (necessary to save the life of an animal,) and there is not sufficient time to call the claims adjuster or agent, permission is not necessary. In this event, notice within a reasonable period of time is required.